expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 20, 2013

Must Have Monday!!

The wonderful Sabra from Teaching with a Touch of Twang is hosting a new linky party called Must Have Monday!!  Isn't her linky button by Michelle at 3AM Teacher adorable?
Sabra's new linky is where you link up and find ideas from other teachers that you can't live without in your classroom or ordinary life! 
I had a little blogging break this past weekend while I was trying to get my house back in order and babying my little girl as much as possible after her surgery.  I saw this linky today and thought, "I know just what I can't live without this year!"  
This might not be something most of you haven't thought of, but it was the first "MUST HAVE" that came to my mind!  With my task cards and Daily 5 craze this year, I couldn't live without my best investment last summer...my Scotch Laminator!
Here she is in all her glory at school after being used quite a bit today.
I think I need to give her a name:)
Seriously!  I am on my 4th box of 200 laminating sheets since August!  
The box of 200 is only $20 at Sam's Club and the laminator itself was about $30.  
It is worth EVERY penny!
Check out the new items I just laminated.
by Kristin Kennedy from iTeach 1:1
Here is a pile of future laminating that I have waiting on my counter!
If you are on the fence about purchasing a personal laminator, I encourage you to take the plunge.  There is no more waiting on supplies from your school, going in on the weekends, etc.  The only downfall is I can't laminate large items, but that hasn't been on my to-do list this year anyway.  Now I can laminate any time I want from the comfort of my home!

What is one of your MUST HAVES?  Link up with Teaching with a Touch of Twang or check out the other posts!

15 comments:

  1. Haha, that's my QR Code Adventure in the last picture...to funny.

    I must admit, I'm a little jealous of the laminator--I get really tired if the monster that sits in the copy room.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our laminator is always on the fritz and not reliable despite being brand new. I'm going to seriously have to consider buying one of these this summer!
    :) Erin
    I'm Lovin Lit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I am jealous of your laminator and your Cricut!!!
    I will get a laminator this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *LOVE* laminating things. It's a hobby, an obsession, a part time job of mine :)
    I was given a personal laminator from a lovely friend and use it constantly. It's SO worth the time to laminate something - the time and money it saves in the future make it invaluable!

    Great minds think alike, Holly!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely getting a laminator this summer. We were told last week that there would be no more laminating until we come back in August. I won't be able to wait.

    Kristin
    Teachntex

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the one who inspired me to buy a personal laminator and I am SO glad I did! So happy to hear your daughter is doing well :) You are such a good mommy! I gave you a little shout out on my blog post today! :)

    Hugs!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought my own laminator this fall and absolutely LOVE it! The plastic is thicker than what is used at school so the pages lay flat and are much more sturdy. Good call!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  8. You read my mind! I have been debating getting one and looking at the different types, but I like knowing that there is one that is tried and true. Glad to hear your daughter is doing better as well! Thanks for linking up friend!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  9. My laminator and I are best friends for life! I use it every week. When I first bought it two years ago, I was making task cards just so I could laminate them!

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Great minds think alike! I blogged about this baby too! It's totally a must have!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am buying this when I receive my stipend for being department chair! Our laminator never works or it takes too long to get things laminated, or it peels off. So happy for several recommendations!

    Thanks!
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the same laminator someone else had as their must have--it must be a good one. I have two laminators and I love them both. I think almost every teacher loves to laminate. Thanks for sharing.
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  13. You could be a salesperson for these things. :) I guess I'll be on the look out for one because you certainly spurred my interest. ;)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  14. My new school has one of these to share with everyone. I wasn't going to use it thinking it cost way too much for the sheets, but 200 sheets is only $20? That's not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete