expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Monday Made It {New/Old Math Bins, Spray Paint, Schedule Cards}

I have been working like crazy trying to get things ready for next week when students start back at school. I am embarrassed to admit that this is my first Monday Made It all summer! The summer has just flown by and I didn't get nearly what I wanted accomplished but having two kids of my own and trying to make the most of vacation will do that to ya!

So, I am linking up (late!) with my friend Tara at 4th Grade Frolics
I "inherited" this awesome storage unit for bins from a retired teacher. It is filled with math manipulatives and I am teaching three blocks of math this year! I cleaned it out, put some new dollar tree bins in it and added labels. This will add to my organization and help students access the tools they need easily at centers.
These School Supply Labels are by 3rd Grade Thoughts. Find them on TpT HERE. The last page is an editable file and I made these labels based on my needs for the math bins.
Here are some close ups:

I finally updated my boring BLAH plastic file holders with spray paint. It was so easy and quick!
I used this spray paint:
I also updated this dates but very useful metal organizer. I painted the middle pink and the sides purple.
I updated my class schedule cards since our schedule was tweaked slightly. I print the strips in color from my power point file, cut it out, place it on colored paper and laminate. 
Here I am using a class schedule card from last year to cut the same size paper for this year.
 I use my Creative Memories corner rounder for rounded edges.
 Here are some laminated cards (I rotated the picture but it imported wrong).
 This is the updated schedule that is hanging on my board.
I have these editable class schedule cards for $2.00 in my TpT store here if you are interested in checking them out. I used the font A Truer Blue by Kevin and Amanda fonts

I have so much more to do but I know I will get what I absolutely need to get done for the first week somehow. However, it will be a push between now and Tuesday! Have a great weekend friends!

2 comments:

  1. I really like how your file holders and organizer look with a fresh coat of paint! It's amazing how something so simple can completely jazz up a room. I have a few things in my room I'd like to paint..

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't quite read the spray paint cans. Is it special for plastic or just regular spray paint? LOVE how you made the things you had so colorful!!

    ReplyDelete