expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Classroom Decor and More Linky!

I am linking up today for Week 3 of a fun Back to School linky party! This week's topic is Classroom Decor and More. Thank you to the wonderful blogging friends at Fancy Free in 4thRamona Recommends, and Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher for hosting!

I haven't been in my classroom yet much since we start back with students in September but I can still participate! I am focusing on pictures that show how I try to keep my classroom organized. This first picture is a view of the farthest end of my room away from the door. Here I have my math meeting on the chalkboard and the classroom library in the corner. You can't see it in this picture, but there is a built in bookcase (not movable) on the wall to the left. 
There is really no other place to put my library. I used to have the rug there when I taught ELA but when I switched to teaching math, (we are departmentalized) the rug was in an awkward spot compared to the board where the math meeting questions were. So, this year I switched the rug and table.
This is a picture of the space last year before Open House and you can see the rug was in the library area and the table to the left. This year it will be switched. 
This is a picture of how I organize many of my supplies. There is another table here for student to work during centers (the teacher table is more towards the door). I have bins of labeled supplies behind the student work table and then all the math book boxes for 50 students (three sections of math taught during the day) in the tall bookcase. The boxes are labeled with my editable labels and numbers #1-18 followed by A, B, or C for the three blocks. This way, I can use the same number sticks for all three blocks.
This is a picture of how I organize my math workshop board for three sections of students. You can read more about that here.
 I love my blue pocket organizer for schedule cards. Our specials change daily and I keep the extra cards in the last pocket. My student helper changes the cards out at the end of each day and it stays nice and neat!
I posted this picture on Instagram last year and it had a lot of interest. I just took this old metal paper sorter and used it to store six iPads. To the right of all the storage from the picture #2 is a long counter with four laptops that stretches to the other corner of the room so this area is not changeable either. I like how the counter has holes for the power cords and all my chargers for the iPads go down the hole behind this organizer to the plugs below the counter. I would like to cutesy up my headphone storage though.
Even if you haven't started back to school yet like me, you can still link up! I'm looking forward to browsing through pictures for inspiration when I get in to set up my room more. Just grab the button below!






3 comments:

  1. Love your math meeting board and how you store your ipads is genius!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you use book boxes to organize their supplies! I also have about 50 kids in my room during the day and it can be hard to find space for everyone's supplies. Thanks for linking up.
    Diary of a Not So Wimpy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your classroom looks great! I'm wondering what you have on top of the students' desks? I see name plates, but I am curious about the circles.

    ReplyDelete