expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tried It Tuesday {No Reply Blogger and Spam Comments}

Hi everyone! It's Time for Tried It Tuesday!
What have you tried at school or home?
If you've never linked up with Tried It Tuesday, just link up any idea school or home related and what worked or didn't work. Grab the button below. Simple!
My Tried It:
No Reply Blogger and Spam Comments
When I first started blogging, I had no idea what that a "no reply blogger" existed.
What is a "No Reply Blogger"?
A "No Reply Blogger" means that when you leave a comment on someone's blog and the comment goes to their email, the person who receives the comment cannot reply to you through email. Your email is hidden. Most of us would agree that it is nice to reply to comments through email rather than reply back on the blog. Who remembers to go back to every post they comment on and see if they blog owner replies there? Not me!
In the email, no reply bloggers look like this and in Gmail are found under the "Social" tab.

See the "<noreply-commnet@blogger.com> next to the sender's name? That means you can't reply to this email. 
Here are wonderful directions that I always use to help fellow bloggers fix this problem like I once did. Also, even if you have fixed it once doesn't mean it stays fixed. That happened to me too and it had to do with Google plus. Click the image below to see how to fix it even in Google Plus.

This leads me to another problem I have been experiencing. Everyday I have been getting spam comments. See?
My BBB Diane at Fifth in the Middle suggested this fix and it is working to at least keep the comments off the blog. You can go to settings and under "Posts and Comments" select comment moderation "sometimes". I selected it for posts under 30 days.


Then when I open Blogger, I can see if I have any comments awaiting approval.
I hope this post helps someone else that might be having these problems! :) Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lot of spam! Glad my tip helped!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, YES, YES...everyone in the blogging world needs to check to see if they are a "No-reply" blogger. Thank you for blogging about this!!!!!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed a lot of no-reply bloggers lately and always feel bad when I can't reply and I rarely reply on my blog. It is a great tip to have to approve comments on older posts since that is where most of the spam shows up. Hope you are enjoying the end of your summer : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly! Awesome post as always! Thanks so much!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete